Industrial Business Development – North America
Kinematics creates motion control solutions for mission-critical systems in demanding environments. Based in the U.S. with global operations, we reliably deliver on diverse customer needs and have the manufacturing expertise to deliver any volume cost effectively.
For close to three decades, we have been innovating solutions and working closely with our customers to provide the most reliable, bankable, innovative drives across multiple industries. Today, with over 2 million drives globally deployed, representing hundreds of millions of hours of operation, we are proud of our role in sustainably supporting critical applications across the industrial, satellite and solar sectors
Kinematics was founded in 1996, has 400 employees globally, is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, with sales offices in North America and Europe, and manufacturing operations in Jiangyin, China and Nogales, Mexico.
Job Title: Industrial Business Development – North America
Reporting to: Vice President – Global Sales and Business Development
Position Location: Phoenix, AZ (preferred, remote work optional)
We are looking for A HUNTER – an experienced, motivated sales professional who has been successful selling mechanical gear products to the heavy equipment and motion control markets in North America.
This person will report to the Vice President Global Sales and BD and work closely with the operational teams in Phoenix and China, and with Company management on strategy, opportunities, forecasts, channel development and customer relationships.
While there is a preference for the successful candidate to be based in Phoenix, AZ, Kinematics is flexible on the home location. Domestic travel of 25% – 50% is expected, including regular time at the Phoenix headquarters and occasionally at our China facility (when travel is deemed safe).
Compensation will be a competitive package, including base, benefits, commission, and incentives.
Joining the team specifically focused on growing North American business, the successful candidate will be “in on the ground floor”, will work directly with Company management, owners and investors, and should expect to have growth opportunities with the Company.
Kinematics is a growing company, particularly the Phoenix headquarters. Everyone has a measurable impact on the Company’s success, wears multiple hats, and is accountable for their performance. We do things quickly, with close teamwork, open communication, and have fun doing it! This is a “can-do” environment with few restrictions and will suit a motivated self-starter who likes to take charge but is also a team player dedicated to the long-term success of everyone.
The candidate should have a minimum of five years’ demonstrated success selling mechanical or electro-mechanical gear products to equipment manufacturers throughout North America.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
Successful candidates will also:
- Be open to working in a growing company and wearing multiple hats
- A successful leader, mentor and a strong team player
- Have large account development experience
- Be highly detail oriented
- Be capable of independent problem solving and demonstrate a proficiency in critical thinking
- Possess strong technical aptitude
- Have a focus on building sustainable growth through “customer excellence”
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Apply knowledge of gear drive, heavy equipment and motion control markets to identify and develop opportunities for sales and market growth in NA
- Use technical knowledge and sales skills to search for new clients and maximize customer potential
- Interact regularly with members of the sales, engineering, finance, operations and management teams to ensure all customer and company needs are met
- Personally manage key accounts
- Strive to always meet, or exceed, personal and team sales and margin targets
- Manage and interpret customer design requirements and technical needs
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations tuned to individual customer needs
- Calculate and present client quotes, negotiate proposals and contract terms and provide after-sales support services
- Prepare, and update regularly, detailed sales reporting including SIOP and Hubspot pipeline
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other events
- Travel to customer sites as required to support sales initiatives
Stay connected with Kinematics – press releases, white papers, key industry information and more.